Henry James played his first baseball game today. You can learn a lot about life from watching highly proficient athletes as they participate in their sport …
1. The most important thing is to look good – you have to have a great uniform. And if you wear a hat, make sure it is on correctly.
2. Use the bathroom before the game or you might miss a l0t of the second inning.
3. The best way to field a batted ball is to send every player on the field after it. If you choose not to run after the ball, make sure you have a good reason – something like needing to watch dirt very closely for bugs or something like that.
5. When you hit the ball it is not really necessary to run to first base … especially if your batting helmet is too large and first base looks too far away. You can walk there if you want but it is a long way so some players like to sit down when they get there.
7. Focus in the dugout is important. Always be preparing yourself for your time at bat – even if a really fun bug comes along and distracts the others around you – even if you think that bug is a bumblebee. The really cool helmet you wear will protect you.
8. The best part of the game, and probably life, is the cookie at the end of the game.